Saturday, 14 June 2014

Gender on the work

Are there gender discrimination in your country? My country actually have it, especially work. I am going to tell you one story.
When I cheered up one female who is student and was finding job in my country. She tried a entry for big company which pay very big salary; if you can enter this company, you can get one hundred southern dollar, even though you are second year.  However, I didn't recommend her to try it then actually. The reason is because I knew that this company get employees who are almost male. As a result, she failed. Of course, I'm not sure why she failed, but maybe you think it sounds  like gender discrimination. However, they have a reason that they get only male employees. The reason why, they sell industrial products which is very high quality to small factory. In my country, worker, work for small factory, are almost male, so if female salesman go to sell their items, unfortunately, most consumers cannot believe them than male salesman. That's way they don't get female employees. It is strange? Actually, I don't think so because they need to sell their own products.

Please imagine, when you visited lingeries store, there were a lot of male staff. Most people think it is weird. That's why most lingeries company get a lot of female worker. Of course, it depends on the company and depart, but most people don't think it is gender discrimination.
In conclusion, unfortunately there are gender discrimination in my country. However, it depends on the work. Some people are really good at it but some people are not. 
Moreover, gradually some work is going to be not relation on gender: a flight attendant, banker, nurse, houseworker, and so on.

Thank you for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Actually I saw a TV show with a similar situation - a man (who was actually the president of the company) worked in the lingerie section of a department store, and many women thought it was strange. Still, I think salesperson should be a gender-neutral job...it shouldn't matter who is trying to sell a product.

    Corrections:
    Is there gender discrimination in your country?

    She tried to get a job with a big company which pays a very high salary; if you can work for this company, you can get $100,000, even though you're in your second year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too. There are gender discrimination in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing maybe sometime happened in China. Women find work more difficult than men .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing maybe sometime happened in China. Women find work more difficult than men .

    ReplyDelete